I attended a class where we made backgrounds using cardstock which had been coated with gesso. This allowed the watercolors to move without using watercolor paper. We used dye based inks direct to paper and then a baby wipe to soften and blend. When this was dry, we used stencils to add dimension with more color and to remove some with a baby wipe. I preferred adding the color and the MFT stencils worked so well along with the MFT inks. I was really pleased with my first attempt and decided to use as background for the challenge. Since I had used a little of the tropical teal on the card, I chose it for the additional elements. I spritzed with sheer shimmer mix-ables for some glitz! I'm loving the result!
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Yes, that is a Christmas Card. I am a couple of months late getting started this year. My goal is to make one a week so that when Christmas gets here, I am ready! I made it last year, so I am sure that I will do so again. I love a little glitter on all of them and these layers presented the perfect opportunity. I used all kinds of glitter paper for the layers so no mess!
Monday, April 20, 2015
A theme is emerging in my card creating this week. GUYS! I have lots of male relatives and the birthday parade for them has begun. The one in BP22 reminds me of a pegboard, so I added some tools, hex bolts and a plan was born. I like the tone on tone backgrounds and this houndstooth looked so like a guy, that I just had to use it. A nice birthday greeting from "You're the Sweetest" and my work is finished. Hope he likes it!
Sunday, April 19, 2015
Saturday, April 18, 2015
These colors looked so beautiful together but until my "Modern Blooms" stamp set and matching dies arrived, it wouldn't come together. The grid in BP 20 looked like a trellis to me, so I cut it out of whipped cream cardstock. It was strong enough to support some summer splash flowers highlighted with nightshift blue accents. In order to achieve a lighter accent, I inked up the stamp, stamped off on a piece of scrap paper and then on the flower. The sour apple leaves were highlighted with sour apple ink. I added them to a nightshift panel from BP23 along with the scalloped edge and sentiment tag. I scattered a few sour apple sequins from BP23 as well. I love how it turned out. I might even use this color combo again!
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
I had originally thought that I would make a Christmas card...Yes, I do like to make them all year long so that I am ready by December, but as it came together, I remembered these little birds that I stamped and it fit so well on the card, that now it can be something else!