Thursday, August 31, 2017

PP359



I have a friend, Sandy Torok, who has been teaching us to watercolor using water color markers and a water brush. I finally felt confident enough to give it a try on my own. The sketch reminded me of a stamp in my collection which had a cluster of flowers that reminded me of the circle on the sketch. Once I had drawn my line and stamped and water colored my flowers and leaves, I puzzled what to do next. A wall was the answer, so I laid a stencil over the card and with the same method as the flowers, I carefully filled in the bricks, following the drawn line. I added a "halo" effect above the wall around the flowers. I am so happy with the result and can't wait to show Sandy what I have learned.

3 comments:

  1. Your watercoloring is gorgeous! I love the fabulous brick wall to showcase those beautiful blooms! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily your watercolouring is beautiful - I love the way your flowers are creeping along the wall. A great take on this week's sketch. Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete